Saturday, October 13, 2012

She Finds My Heart

She stands in front me, pondering why I am the way that I am. My entire body is intact and I’ve professed my love for her, but she is curious to see me on the inside. She wishes to scavenge for the love within my inner chambers, layer by layer of my anatomy.

Slowly she begins to grab hold of my skin, the outer most layer of my being that she’s used to seeing everyday, and rips it off like wallpaper. There are a few more layers of skin to peel if she wishes to go any deeper. It’s almost like a mask and costume of deception to her, hiding what I really am on the inside. Blood permeates through my layers to let her know that I am indeed human. I implore her to dig deeper.

She has arrived at the muscular system. Blood still flows but it has picked up the pace. I have the strength to uphold myself, and my love for you shall do the same. Go even further my love, you haven’t reached the center of my universe.

She’s proven how eager she is as the blood stains her hands and the ground below us. The warmth of the blood shields her from the ice coursing through her own body. She continues to pry my muscles from the tendons connecting to my bones. In the process she has managed to dispose of my organs. My stomach still pulses with nausea, yet there is no sickness inside of me for there is only love. My lungs are working overtime to compliment the thumping heartbeat to ensure I’ll be with her until my last breath.

She has finally reached my skeleton. The bones are still shaped correctly to hold me up as she is minutes from discovering the love within me. This is the first time my inner self has escaped from the eternal darkness. She has allowed the light to fill my pale skeleton as the life spills out of me. She removes the roof of my skull and pulls out the brain. She examines the beauty of its complexity and takes note of my thought process. This is also the first time that she’s been able to read into my mind. There is no code to decipher, she can see exactly what I’m thinking. Telepathy at its finest. She gently places my brain back in and closes my skull.

She works her way to my heart. She snaps my ribcage open like it was a trap door and grasps my heart firmly with purpose. She’s careful so as to not drop it, risking disease and splinters from piercing it the second it hit the floor. A feeling of warmth and love impales through her hand as the feeling travels through her arms and towards her heart. Love possesses her own heart as she nears the end of her journey. She has reached a moment of clarity as blood trickles down her arms and soaks the rest of her body. She has found the center of my universe and her own. We live through each other in the heart. Do you see now, my love?

Now stitch me back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment